What will you do?
The candidate will have a really sound understanding of these things but also be able to point reporters in the right direction if they have reported an issue incorrectly – ie. to documentation or to training. Communication is key and what makes this role particularly interesting is that as an Open Source Developer, you develop both a close up and technical understanding of Umbraco as well as a high level understanding, because the decisions we make here, influence both the detail and the direction of the project.
- To improve the community’s experience creating Issues and Pull Requests by being responsive and setting expectations.
- Make our products better, while cutting back the time the CMS-team spends on Issues and PRs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Communicate with the issue- or PR creator in a friendly, timely manner
- Assess issue severity and prioritize escalation
- Reproduce issues making it easier for someone to resolve
- Improve the issue tracker or pull request process
- Work with Test Automation Engineers to eradicate re-regressions
- Report monthly on issues and PRs
Desired skills and experience:
- Proficiency in C# and a strong understanding of the Umbraco CMS.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft .NET Framework, ASP.NET, and relevant development practices.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in version control systems, specifically Git and any Git hosting service (We use GitHub)
- Skilled in debugging, problem-solving, and reproducing issues to provide necessary information for resolution.
- Excellent communication skills in English to engage with contributors, guide them in the right direction, and offer support.
- Ability to balance a high-level understanding of the project’s direction with a close-up, technical understanding.
- Attention to detail and dedication to improving the community’s experience with Umbraco.
- Previous experience in open-source software development and familiarity with documentation practices is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here
What we offer you:
- We help you deliver delightful digital experiences by making Umbraco friendly, simpler and social
- We are proactive – We reach out.
- We want more than happy customers. We want to delight you and your customers.
- We treat you as a friend.
- We don’t claim its simple – but we try to make it simpler.
- We are a community and we encourage you to participate.
- We live by these Values:
- TRUST: We assume positive intent.
- RESPECT: We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- OPEN: We are honest and straightforward and we tell it as it is.
- HUNGRY: We don’t rest on out laurels and we never accept the status quo. We want to do things better, best is next.
- FRIENDLY: We take pride in delivering exceptional and personal customer service.
What will you get?
- You’ll get to work with experienced software engineers worldwide at market leading, innovative Scandinavian SaaS company looking to accelerate growth.
- Scandinavian Work Culture: creativity, innovation and work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and 100% official salary during the probation period.
- Annual review and 13th month salary.
- Premium healthcare and & accident insurance.
- Wellness package supports employees stay healthy and wealthy.
- Exciting company outing/events and team building activities.
- On-site and training opportunities in Nordic.
- Modern working environment.