Matilda is looking for software developers with frontend focus who also have great ideals on making everyone’s lifer easier by joining our new team at the Scandinavian Software Park in Hanoi, Vietnam. We are empowering a sustainable food service industry by helping food organizations deliver healthy, sustainable meals in a way that improves the welfare of people and the planet.
Matilda – The Food Service Resource Management Platform. The complexities of the food supply, preparation, and delivery chain have meant that operators have struggled to ‘join the dots’ between the multiple processes and stage of their operations. Digital transformation has therefore been harder to achieve than in other B2B industries. The result? A lack of oversight and transparency, leading to decision making that is reactive, rather than proactive. Matilda was born of the need to address this problem – a coherent, intuitive platform that brings all the information you already have into one place, while incorporating additional data that you don’t yet have.
More information: https://www.matildafoodtech.com/
As a software engineer with frontend focus, you will be:
Performing coding, testing, documentation in the areas of development and maintenance. Other tasks as directed by Head of R&D.
- Coding, testing, documentation in the areas of development and maintenance
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
- Cooperation with product managers and/or internal/external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Production of accurate and clear technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the R&D processes
- Production, preparation and execution of auto test plans
- Production of efficient and fully document code
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the R&D processes
- Technical specifications, code and/or auto test plans produced are all in line with the functional specification
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards including peer review and sign-off of other work
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Head of R&D. Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
- Suggest product improvements
Desired skills and experience
- Ability to communicate in English through writing and speech
- At least four years of demonstrated professional experience in the role as Software Engineer or similar
- Ability to analyze and review requirements, risks, plans and results
- Skilled in ability to anticipate customer needs and place customers at the center of own thinking and actions
- Good knowledge about the programming language and techniques relevant for the specific position
- Good knowledge in software development tools and frameworks and how to use them in the daily work
- Good test knowledge and understanding about standards, trends. Knowledge in test processes, methods and models and how to use them in the daily work and developments within the tech industry
- Ability to plan, estimate activities, and plan own work in order to deliver on time. Keep stakeholders informed on changes to the agreed schedule
- Ability to understand who the users are, what needs and requirements they have and the behaviors they exhibit
- Ability to collaborate with UX designers to ensure that technical solutions enable a great user experience
- .NET Framework (4 or later)
- Backend-development experience with C#/C++ and/or Python
- Material UI
- MS Azure
- Analytical skills
- Collaborative learning
Why You’ll Love Working Here
What do we offer you?
- Developing software as services for FoodTech domain in a leading company.
- What we stand for:
- Health: We believe that through a comprehensive understanding of every aspect of the food journey, from production to consumption, we can contribute to major health improvements for patients, students, citizens – for everyone.
- Sustainability: The way we eat is the number one contributor to climate change. Waste alone accounts 11% of the greenhouse gas emissions produced by the food system. Only when we can take a holistic view of the whole supply chain can we take meaningful steps to improve.
- Digitization: Without digitization, we are blind to the macro and micro aspects of the food chain. Digitization lets us see the big picture, combining data from multiple sources in real time and allowing users to gain insights and make rapid, effective business decisions.
- Take ownership of the product life cycle as well as its business.
- Be part of a company that is now gearing up and working internationally.
- Living on our Scandinavian culture and office while working in Agile environment that has strong team spirit, openness, unceasing creativity and innovation.
What will you get?
- You’ll get to work with experienced software engineers worldwide at market leading, innovative Scandinavian SaaS company looking to accelerate growth
- Scandinavian Work Culture: creativity, innovation and work-life balance
- Competitive salary and 100% official salary during the probation period.
- Annual review and 13th month salary.
- Premium healthcare and & accident insurance.
- Wellness package supports employees stay healthy and wealthy.
- Exciting company outing/events and team building activities.
- On-site and training opportunities in Nordic.
- Modern working environment.